Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Second Day The New Day

I found the old path and I feel renewed. It was further up the hill. I taught these kids how to add and most of them learned very fast. I feel very good. Then after teaching them(the older students) this we all danced and sang. We all felt good, Judy felt more than just good,she felt fantastic. Two students are going to regular school because they are sponsored. And two new ones are coming. What more do we need to make our day? Huh. Watching these students. Seeing the joy on their faces,the intensity of their interest,their hands rising, as their emotions rise,their hands like the flickering of a fire.... Can you not almost feel the heat? And where once there was only an icy coldness, now a fire,a real fire, And now two new students are coming...

Bob

3 comments:

moishe said...

Bob , Glad to read that your Math class was so sucessful. However I have great difficulty imagining you singing and dancing , especially dancing.

Moishe.

ellen said...

I can see them all singing and dancing. I loved it. How old are the older kids/ Maybe a lot has changed.
Enjoy every second!

ellen

Doreen said...

You truly are a poet.I feel as if I am there with you. thank you for transporting me back.
Doreen