Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New News
















Exciting Times: Taught a class where the students had to count pencils and give me the exact number I asked for. They did very well. Judy and I met with members of the Executive and they took pictures of sad and happy things. Will meet again with them on Wed (tomorrow) to see how everything worked out. One day going home noticed some kids behind me trying to see if they could beat me. I then challenged them to a walking race. Again, walking with members of the Executive, I challenged them for the honor of Canada to beat me. I am proud to say Canada won. The members of the Executive I was with could not think of any happy things in their lives; one wanted a picture of himself before a picture of his dead mother. I wait to see what these students have to say about their lives. Bob

3 comments:

Ruby K said...

Thanks for posting! Who is the "executive"?
Is the boy in the top middle picture Joseph Omoding? I am sponsoring him.

Hugs and kisses,
Ruby

Kathie said...

Great to hear all about your experiences, Judy & Bob. The photos are wonderful. It is amazing that even with so little in the way of supplies & physical structure of a school the kids love to learn.
Keep up the great descriptions and your work.
It must be a good feeling to see familiar places & feel so much a part of life there.
Love,
Kathie

roz said...

Dear Judy and Bob
Your photos are marvellous! I really enjoy reading your blogs and Judy your typing is getting very good..That is a huge amount of text there today.

A Chinese restaurant..how amazing and good too! Sunday night we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant with the ducks in the window and had our last meal..It is sort of like execution..or at least prison..Once again your brother and I are on what I call starvation..so in one day Stanley lost 2.5 pounds and I lost 1.5..IT IS PURE AGONY!

But complaining to you where you are is probably obscene..

I guess you may already be counting the days until your holiday and I am sure it will be needed.

Love

Sis..
P.S. I have given Stanley the website and he is looking at it..I don't see many comments though..