Friday, July 3, 2009

ANOTHER WONDERFUL DAY
















at least WE think it's wonderful.....To begin,we had an appointment with a pineapple vendor for before 8. We wanted to bring pineapples for the teachers at St. Henry's. We waited till 8:20,and went to check the next vendor who wasn't there either, so we had to go to an expensive store to get the pineapples and were late to school. I hope they enjoyed the fruit. Our classroom has too many kids in it, a long story, and just about no materials. I believe things will get better.The kids are wonderful, though there is one who should be in Eva's class at the JGH. Im trying to get the teacher to add a smile to a face with eyes and a nose only, when she, for half a second, does what the teacher asks. Mostly she cries. I thought a cute kid Maureen was trying to teach me the acholi word for pencil, but she was saying 'colahred'. It took time till it dawned. I taught them a song using the words Muyenga and Namuwongo, and ued the song for reading. Olivia, the teacher, was interested. We are totally beat after each day, BUT last night we went to a chinese restaurant near us, and it was delicious..I wish all of you could see the whole place. The smog, traffic,a poor but proud school, and kids that you would love to know..I hate being on the computer, but I want to SHARE all this! Love, Judy

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Judy! every day I read your blog and I'm just fascinated by what you are experiencing! bravo to you!!! elaine

Rafael A. Wugalter said...

Happy to hear this good news! Can you give us more details about the proposals that have been approved? Perhaps a link to the relevant pages on your partner organizations' websites? Good luck with the (un)anticipated extra students!

moishe said...

I can hear the excitement in your blog and realize how much pleasure and satisfaction each day brings. I look foreward to each days report, Evie.

moishe said...

Bob,

The first thing I do each morning is to read the latest news on your blog.

When you return to Montreal there is Sci Fi film for us to see. I'm sure this will encourage you NOT to extend your visit to Uganda.

I sure would like to see pictures of the path you so vividly wrote about a few days ago. Is possible for you to send them via the blog or email. Or do I wait til you return home.

Regards to Judy.

Moishe.

Carol said...

Hi Guys.

Sounds as if, expensive pineapples aside. you are doing well.

I just signed up with eco-cartier for a downspout rainwater catcher so that I can use my run-off in the garden.

I just got the first 2 discs of In Treatment--looking forward to watching them,

Love to you both,

Carol

Ruby K said...

Hi Judy and Bob,

What a joy to read the blog and see pictures! Please post pictures of NLP kids from last year.. I'm dying to see Winnie!! How are they looking? How wonderful that they remember Miss Mary Mack :)

Miss you and can't wait to hear more.

Love,
Teacher Ruby

moishe said...

Just read your blog at Evie and Moishes. So glad that its still a high for you as well as being a wonderful prject for the children. Glad the photography has been approved . Continue to do good work there. Evie typed this for me and I also got instructioons from Moishe.

Love Brenda. Adam, and Midnight

moishe said...

Just read your blog at Evie and Moishes. So glad that its still a high for you as well as being a wonderful prject for the children. Glad the photography has been approved . Continue to do good work there. Evie typed this for me and I also got instructioons from Moishe.

Love Brenda. Adam, and Midnight