Monday, July 13, 2009

AN ADMISSION

The kids have porridge at 10,and break at 10:30. They come back to class at 11. Olivia, the real teacher went to see her sister who is going back to their village. She came back at 11:06. There was CHAOS! Charles was running around poking others wit a big stick. Mutebi and Jimmy were fighting. Two were under the teacher's desk, three were crying. I ran around trying to put out fires, but to no avail!!! I gasped a sigh of relief when O came back in, and, although I refused to read Hop on Pop, as I had tried to we had a phonics lesson and Words In Colour without the colour. THEN I started Hop on Pop. Bob and I bought books over the weekend, and Peter, the Headmaster, promised to add more. I feel Bob and I have had a successful time here with the project, and, hope that L. O. V.E. chooses to continue what we introduced. Its hot today...We bought treats for tomorrow, our last morning. Fare thee well,and love from us.

No comments: