Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FOOLED YOU

Who would have thought ,ten years ago, that I would be on the back of a boda boda,travelling through the poverty of Namuwongo, up to the comparative peace and quiet of our hotel, after the last day. We gave treats to the kids: healthy cereal, dried banana, pineapple, and raisins. We invited the Ruby 11. James, the co director of the Peace club, a teacher, came by with a gift for Bob and I. Another gift from the wonderful sect of the school. Although it is tough to say goodbye to the children, and now the older children, Olivia, our teacher, and the Peace Club, I find this length perfect. We accomplished what we set out to do. I still , truly, find it amazing that I am here and have done this. Amazing. I wish... no. I wish too much, and not for me. Bye now. J

No comments: