Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tests

After taking our walk to the school(one of the most beautiful walks I have ever taken:away from traffic and congesti0n. Red buildings,red roadway,relatively flat,few people,how peaceful,no fear of motorcyclists steering into you thinking you are a rock) we arrived at the school. We were then told that the students were to be given a test(Judy found the test as good as any she's seen in Canada). The result: I did not teach the students subtraction. I then wrote a memo to the teacher where I pointed out how one could use the counters for subtraction,multiplication,division. At the school I took videos of the children,their teacher,and Judy dancing(pretty graceful for her age which I will not mention only pointing out that she's no longer a spring chicken). Then we returned by the same path taking some more videos. And now here I am in a very talkative internet place trying to get out of here as fast as possible

2 comments:

Carole said...

Judy gets younger and more graceful by the minute, Bob. Being in Africa seems to just enhance her specialness.

Were you able to show the CD from Davis, Judy?

Howard Shapiro Judy Labow said...

No, Carole, He was to make you a copy, as I remember...because when you are here there will be a laptop with LOVE