Saturday, July 10, 2010

final final day

I forgot to mention a mystery which I will first give you,drawing it out as long as I can then when you can't stand it anymore and are fearful you will have horrible dreams about it as well as cursing me and threatening to kill me I will give you the answer. So this is the way it begins: the first day I have breakfast--no mystery yet we all have breakfasts or at least we should--when suddenly the roof begins to echo and re-echo with a loud noise. It is as if someone is bowling on the roof. Several times the loud booming is repeated. On the second day-notice how I am prolonging the mystery-the bowling continues. Now Judy is caught up in the mystery as no doubt you are as well. Could large coconuts be falling on the roof and if they are could they someday fall on our heads? But there are no coconut trees near by. Now,like you, we are becoming desperate. What is the source of the loud noise? Could there really be somebody bowling up there? Then Judy comes up with a bright idea. let us ask someone. Can you now guess the answer? Can you? Can you? No you can't. Tiny beans dropping down on our metal. andc you thought it was somone bowling. Bob

3 comments:

ellen said...

Good work" Enjoy the rest of your trip.
ellen

roz said...

Sorry that I only commented twice. This will make up for it. We had 3 different groups of guests from Kelowna, participants in our MASH surgical missions to Nicaragua. It was amazing. As with your experiences in Uganda, these people have become extremely dear friends. I will miss them greatly as we won't see them until February when our next mission to Nicaragua together with the rest of the team happens. I hope you both stay well and enjoy your holiday. Do you keep a diary other than your blogs? I hope so. I definitely want to sponsor a child AND BUY BEADS!!!

gaby said...

I am so happy for the both of you that your visit went beautifully and your experience with the children and school continue to be so positive. Enjoy the movies and beaches in Zanzibar!!
Cheers xoxo
Gaby