Thursday, February 25, 2010

AND......











Another wonderful school day with the beautiful children. It has become a custom now for the children (all of them) to rush to us and overwhelm us with hugs when we arrive in the morning. It is so warm and wonderful and something I think we will always remember.
Everything is going along smoothly. Joyce seems to know exactly her goals for the children. We put up 2 new leaves on the tree today, one for Provia and one for Christine. The new girls are running circles around the boys, who worked very hard and were not very silly at all today. In the face of the sweet new girls they are really trying hard.
Then there was rain. BUT not just regular rain. This was a torrential downpour, complete with black sky and mud running down hills like fast moving rivers. Unbelieveable. Nobody seemed the least put out by this except me. In the darkened classroom (no electricity) the children continued to do their writing. They even ventured out to the bathroom and didn't look the least bit wet when they returned-amazing. As I write now it continues to rain but lighter than when it began about 3 hours ago. NOTE: my research on-line said quite clearly that Feb. was a Dry month. It has been raining every second day and I have another weather migraine. I'm sueing Google.
As ever,
Ellen of Africa

1 comment:

Judy May said...

I'm chuckling aloud! I hope Google forks over millions!... some to you, and alot to our project. Continue your wonderful work! Judy