Wednesday, July 13, 2011

FAITHFUL READERS/HOWAAR !

Please be advised that Howard is not with us and does not proofread the blogs!!!Howard, can you get your name off, or are you indelibly with us??? There was a 24 hour power outage. the main, private supplier says then govt has not pais it's bill and the govt claims it has. Something rotten in Denmark. We had an interesting St. Henry's celebration, complete with a Mass.The singing saved it, for me, though I much liked the priest.Here is a serendipitous happening... The speaker i like alot was from the rotary Club. At lunch I perched myself between him , and the priest. We got to talking and we 4 are going to their meeting tonight at the International hotel. I will not remind them that 6 years ago, promised a stipend of 500$, I spoke at a rotary m eeting in Montreal, with Melanie, and we were never paid!!! This man made sense, and talks about pit latrines in Namuwongo... more to follow.We are pleased to go.We have only 2 more teaching days... the 6 children from the slum are now veterans, and doing well. For me, the most important part of the ceremonies today was the unveiling of the plaque for Peter Okoth, the Headmaster who brought us to St. Henry's. It was indeed a moving moment. Howard, you will love this plaque when you next come here. We 4 are well and healthy and send our greetings, with love.

1 comment:

Doreen said...

I look forward to seeing the plaque dedicated to our wonderful Peter Okoth
Doreen