Saturday, July 9, 2011

Failure/success

Our 2 intrepid explorers, Carole and Gaby, are presently on a safari that sounds wonderful. They are expected back tomorrow, Sunday, evening. Let us go back to Friday at the literacy class. if I had been my supervisor in education 101, I'd have failed me....The lesson I prepared was simply beyond the reach of the babies.By the time I sweated and scurried to get the crayons necessary, I had lost them. I tried to rescue myself by knocking on the table, chanting :knock knock knock look at me! They joined in vehemently, disrupting Bob"s math lesson. He scowled at me. I called out for Aggie, and slunk away in shame. It was not a good afternoon for me. The children are all tired. There is alot going on, practicing for upcoming St. Henry's day. B
But today, , success. Otoa David at the school has been bugged by me to find a ping pong partner.He lied a little so as not to have his friend George run in the other direction, saying I weas sixty, with Arthritis. So Bob and I tried with difficulty to find the Indoor stadium. No luck, the floor was being repaired. We tried the Sikh Sport Centre, no table. Our last bet worked out,but not easily. One had to be a member. I used my CHARM and got a day pass. George, my opponent, has spent time in Canada, 4 years at Carleton. He hasnt played for 6 years. suffice it to say...the author won all games. unfortunately he was recuperating his previous skills and is determined to win next week.I think Nyka George, our friend, Sophia's son, may play too. After the big win B and I went to Aristoc Book shop and browsed. Wonderful.So all well with us. JUDY

3 comments:

Kathie said...

Glad to hear that all is well with everybody.
Are you saying you weren't quite prepared for class, Judy?!
Look forward to hearing from the safari pair as well.
All is well here
Kathie

Doreen said...

So happy to hear that all is well with you all. Good luck with the pingpong rematch, Judy I know that you will fare well.
I am off to NY this week but will access your blog from there when I am able.
What date do you return? I will be home by the 23rd and yoga class resumes on the 24th- no class next Sunday the 17th as I will still be travelling.
I ,too ,have experienced many moments of feelings of incompetency in the St. Henry's classroom. Nevermind, it's all good. You are all wonderful teachers and through our failings we often learn the most powerful lessons.
I miss you all and can't wait to meet upon your return for details of your visit. While you are there, it tugs at my heart even more so to go once again.
Doreen

roz said...

Dear Judy,
Beautiful weekend..quite amazing! Sunny and warm! We went up to a country house today for a party to meet the new plastic surgery residents. I always love to talk to the new young doctors! This Friday Stan invited them to listen to the History of Plastic Surgery as told by Stanley Labow with a steak dinner served by me. He also loves to teach...one of the most gratifying whatever level..I guess that's why we keep doing it!..Glad to hear all is well!

Love
Sis