Thursday, June 25, 2009

TROUBLE?

In the comparative comfort of home, I forgot the user name I need for this blog. Then,the password.Trusted Howard put me back on track!!! This morning I had to change CDN for US funds,remembering that in Uganda, the banks eschew any bills that are either/and /or old ,crumpled. They check carefully,even crisp bills. In return, for Ugandan shillings, par]per money one gets old,used,and decidedly un crisp bills. But mission accomplished: money for Sophia(never met), Ronah, and the In Need Home. Each will be pleased to get money for the beads we sold for them.I find it hard to believe that in a few days, Bob and I will ,hopefully,be at the Chez(pronounced Ches)Johnson budget hotel in Muyenga.We will sorely miss Kavita, Ruby,and Howard,and wish there were volunteers coming with us!A la prochaine, Judy

3 comments:

roz said...

Since you told me how much you like to receive my comments on your blog..I bet you will like to see this when you first arrive. I hope your crazy itinerary went well and that your accommodations are fine.

The aliyah for Stefan's fiancee went very well. Neither Stefan's brother or my aunt and uncle came. Both her parents were at the services and her grandfather met us for lunch in the market. Stanley happened to call (during services I forgot to turn off my cell phone) and so he met us for lunch also. And he paid for everyone in true Stan tradition..marilyn just kept crying and being so angry at her parents and other son.

Aside from that nothing monumental. All is fine here!!

TAKE CARE!!
Love

Sis

moishe said...

Hi Bob & Judy,

Hope you had a good flight(s).

We are fine here , especially Evie, after this morning's visit.

Moishe.

moishe said...

Just to let you know, I managed to get a few atavan, and the process went well. Dr said nothing to worry about..love Evie